- On the average, 36 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer everyday in the United States.
- On the average, one in every four elementary schools has a child with cancer. The average high school has two students who are current or former cancer patients.
- Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the United States.
- Childhood cancers affect more potential patient-years of life than any other cancer except breast and lung cancer.
- The causes of most childhood cancers are unknown. At present, childhood cancer cannot be prevented.
Packages of Hope sends packages of gifts and toys to children of all ages across the United States who are battling cancer. Our packages are full of love and hope and are sent directly to the children in an effort to bring a smile to their face. Our goal is to provide them with comfort and fun during the challenging times that they face.
Join me for this edition of the Parker J Cole show as talk with Mikayla Vickers about her organization, childhood cancer, and what you can do to help. You can call in at 646-595-2083, press 1 to be live on air. Or, you can click on the link here: http://tobtr.com/8088237. Or, you can download the app. Tune in!